Summary of Certification Process
- General Membership in FMC: Any mediator or interested party can join FMC as a General Member at any time and then work towards certification (or not). Mediators seeking certification in an FMC program are required to maintain annual General Membership with Family Mediation Canada ($140/year)
2. Review FMC Code of Professional Conduct
3. Complete the appropriate certification application form(s)
4. Submit required supporting documentation:
- FMC Certification Letter(s) of Reference
- Confirmation of Practicum Experience
5. Pay Certification application fees
6. Prior Learning and Assessment Recognition (where applicable, see below)
7. An application will not be considered completed until FMC has received all the requisite documentation and payments.
If you have any questions about the form or the process, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Once attained, maintenance of Certification is required annually and includes ongoing professional development work. Each certification has an annual certification maintenance form to complete and return with renewal fees.
Prior Learning and Recognition Process
Family Mediation Canada acknowledges that in some cases a Prior Learning and Recognition application process is appropriate for those wishing to obtain certification with FMC. For more information about PLAR please contact us.