Insurance for FMC Members
Secure Coverage Today >>> FMC_Application_2022-2023_fillable
Professional Liability and Business Insurance Products
Your protection is our priority. BMS Canada Risk Services Ltd. (BMS) is the broker for Professional and Business Liability Insurance for FMC members.
Members can purchase comprehensive coverage that meets their needs at competitive premiums. The FMC Insurance Program is designed to provide ongoing value, including best-in-class service from its team of specialist brokers and legal partners.
Members have access to a range of products at highly competitive rates:
- Professional Liability
- Protects you against liability or allegations of liability for injury or damages that have resulted from a negligent act, error, or omission that has arisen out of your professional capacity as a Mediator.
- Commercial General Liability
- Protects you against claims arising from injury or property damage that you (or your business, including your staff) may cause to another person as a result of your operations and/or premises.
- Clinic Professional Liability
- Provides a separate limit of professional liability to protect your business assets if your business name is included in a statement of claim or lawsuit.
- Commercial Property
- Insures your commercial property, protecting you against loss or damage from a broad range of causes, including fire and water damage and other threats to business operations, such as vandalism. Please note that a separate application is required to obtain a Commercial Property quote.
- Cyber Security & Privacy Liability
- Protects against claims arising out of theft, loss, or unauthorized disclosure of a third party’s personally identifiable information. Coverage is designed to manage the risk of holding increasingly large quantities of personally identifiable data of clients, employees, and others, and to mitigate the reputational damage resulting from a data security breach.
- Legal Services Package
- Specialized legal assistance for personal and/or business matters. You have access to an unlimited telephone legal helpline, an online document and template library, and legal document review service.
Professional Liability (PLI)
$2,000,000 per claim / $5,000,000 aggregate $288
Clinic PLI also available
Commercial General Liability (CGL)
From $2,000,000 per claim From $288
Higher Limits & Business CGL also available
Cyber Security & Privacy Liability
$1,000,000 aggregate $115 (Individuals)
Breach Response Services Included
Coverage for Businesses also available
Legal Services Package $30
Unlimited Legal Helpline
150+ Legal Documents and Templates online, anytime you need them
Legal Document Review Service
If you have any coverage-related questions, please connect with BMS at 1-855-318-6558 or [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Professional Liability Insurance and why do I need it?
Professional Liability Insurance protects you against liability or allegations of liability for injury or damages that have resulted from a negligent act, error, or omission that has arisen out of your professional capacity as a Family Mediator. It protects Mediators by ensuring that your legal defence is coordinated and paid for if a claim is made against you, and also covers the cost of patient compensation or damages.
- Am I covered anywhere in the world?
The Professional Liability Insurance has a Worldwide territorial limit excluding the USA and responds to claims brought against you within Canada.
The coverage territory for Commercial General Liability insurance Canada.
- What is the difference between Professional Liability Insurance and Commercial General Liability?
While Professional Liability provides coverage for the rendering or failure to render professional services, Commercial General Liability provides coverage for non-professional service exposures, such as claims involving bodily injury and property damage that has been caused by your operations and/or premises. For example, if a client slips and injures themselves in your office, they may look to hold you and/or your business accountable for the damages.