Family Mediation Canada (FMC) is inviting applications for a parttime contract position for Project Manager.
Nature of the Position:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing national family mediation organization. FMC is committed to providing services and supports to family mediators who, in turn, support and enhance the lives of those Canadians who require our services and supports when going through life transitions and family restructuring. The successful candidate will report directly to the Executive Committee through the Chair of the Government Relations Committee.
- Supporting the growth of existing projects and the work of FMC Board committees
- Assisting the President to carry out FMC business as delegated
- Research, outreach, networking and establishing relationships with representatives of Federal, Provincial and Territorial authorities
- Research, outreach, networking and establishing relationships with members of Indigenous organizations across Canada who are interested in family and child welfare mediation
- Developing/updating/drafting communication tools and presentations to support FMC’s vision, mission and objectives
- Building relationships with each of the provinces and territories, ascertaining their needs and interests relative to mediation services
- Researching, identifying, procuring, and soliciting grants and proposal writing to possible funders within the public and private sectors
- Other duties as agreed.
- This is an FMC contract position reporting to the Chair of the Government Relations Committee
- The Project Manager will work a minimum of 10 to 15 hours per week with the possibility of increased hours depending on the success of the position
- The successful candidate may work from their home or office, anywhere in Canada
- The successful candidate will be available by both phone and email and be prepared to maintain regular contact, responding to inquiries within two business days or sooner.
- University degree
- Project management and program management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and comfort with social media and computer technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and facilitation skills
- Experience as a Certified Family Mediator or a mediator generally would be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience in the practices and principles of mentoring and training would be an asset.
Please submit a letter addressing the qualifications listed, along with a current resume with contact information, a summary of relevant knowledge and work experience. Please include the names and contact information for two references.
Remuneration to be paid at an hourly rate that will be agreed upon commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experiences (range of $50 to $75 per hour).
Applications will be received no later than 4:00 pm (PST) on Friday, May 20, 2022.
Please send applications by email to [email protected] Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt; it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure delivery.