Solution Focused Conflict Management
A Family Mediation Canada Webinar
Presented by Fredrike P. Bannink MDR
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:00am-12:00pm Eastern
FMC members $69 (no tax)
Benjamin Franklin once said: “Every problem is an opportunity in disguise.” In this new and highly successful approach of solution-focused (SF) conflict management, the focus is on discovering these opportunities. The key lies in asking questions about the goals, exceptions and competencies and also, in motivating participants to change.
Instead of focusing on the conflict and the undesired – or even feared – future, SF conflict management focuses on what participants want. They are considered to be co-experts in formulating their goals and devising solutions. The concept and methodology differ from traditional (problem-focused) types of conflict management. Conversations become more positive and shorter, ensuring that SF conflict management is cost-effective with less burn-out amongst professionals.
This webinar will provide a short presentation of the theory of SF conflict management. Some practical tools and four basic solution focused questions will be introduced. They can be used by a mediator, manager or coach to resolve conflict and develop collaborative relationships.
Attendees will be able to:
- use SF techniques and refine their own practice
- build positive emotions and optimistic conversations
- invite participants to reach their preferred future
- What is the Solution Focus?
- What is solution-focused conflict management?
- What is the role of the solution-focused mediator?
- Four basic solution-focused questions
- How to build positive emotions, instill hope and optimism, and motivate participants to change
Presenter: Dr. Fredrike P. Bannink MDR
- Master of Dispute Resolution and clinical psychologist.
- Owner training, coaching and mediation practice in Amsterdam, the Netherlands Former mediator for the Court of Amsterdam.
- International Full Certified ADR Mediator and Conflict Coach.
- International keynote speaker, trainer and author of around 50 books.
Print or save the form below and email it to us at [email protected]